In celebration of our 30 years finding gigs for musicians, we are interviewing some of the talented individuals we work with. We’ve already spoken with trombonist Maria Crusco and today we sit for a chat with the singer, Melina Mizrahi.
1. What is your full name and where are you from, originally?
Melina Florencia Mizrahi I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2. What instrument do you play?
I'm a singer.
3. How long have you been working on cruise ships?
For almost three years.
4. What is your favourite thing about these gigs?
I do what I love which is singing, and I get to travel, see the world and meet people from different countries, different cultures.
5. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced as a cruise ship musician?
For me it was hosting and talking to the people in a language that is not my native one, it took me time but now I really enjoy it.
6. What are some of the coolest destinations you’ve visited working on cruise ships?
I've been to Japan, Hawaii for example...places that I'd never imagined I'd go!
7. What do you pack when going on a cruise ship contract?
Smart casual dresses for work, gala attire, clothes depending on the season, my music stuff and electronic devices.
8. Any words of advice to someone going on their first cruise gig?
Just to have fun, enjoy the experience and try to learn from everything and everyone! Exchanging music and discussing experiences with the rest of the team will make your contract even better.
Is there anything else you’d like to add? An anecdote? A tip?
Always be grateful for what you're doing onboard, not many people can have this kind of job so remember that you are very lucky!
Are you a talented musician interested in working on cruise ships? Fill out an application to audition and we’ll be in touch!
Are you a Proship musician interested in getting featured? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org !